Go with the best,, you have to win this game b/f you can worry about the next one.
Well if PV's coach pitches Marie, the inside corner low or high is probably her best pitch. I have no doubt JB hit's good, they wouldn't have made it this far without hitting the ball. . .
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
Go with the best,, you have to win this game b/f you can worry about the next one.
You are so right.
IMO PV has not played a team that is solid 1 thru 9 at the plate(maybe they won't) but if PV can put up 6 runs their pitching and D can hold on. PV does have a pretty good lineup but they must all hit and get some runs in spurts.
Yes, they can and are able to hit well. But like you said, they need to play some really good defense.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: theWanderer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO PV has not played a team that is solid 1 thru 9 at the plate(maybe they won't) but if PV can put up 6 runs their pitching and D can hold on. PV does have a pretty good lineup but they must all hit and get some runs in spurts. </div></div>
If Nikita Belcher is pitching for JSB it will be a tall order to get 6 runs. I think she's only given up 6 runs once this year and that was to a very good Virginia High team. If Powell Valley is going to win the game it will probably be a 2-1, 3-2 type game. Should be a low scoring affair.
The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.
PV usually jumps on teams quick.
The Pride Lasts Longer Than The Pain. TPLLTTP
I dont think PV has seen a team like Battle this year. Not to many teams in the LPD that has the state record holder for home runs, plus 4 other girls that are multiple home run hitters in the line up, plus 2 very strong pitchers, 1 that hits the mid 60's with movement.
Its going to be a tall order. Battle has faced the type of pitching PV has all year. So they are used to that type pitching. If I was the Coach at PV, I would call the Va High Coach and ask him how he shut them down.
I would agree with you. I am a PV fan but I believe LPD teams were a little overrated this year when compared to teams outside their region. If Battle's pitcher is that good PV will have trouble, if you look back at their season they don't have a very good record in low scoring close games. Most of their wins were by a few runs.
That being said GOOD LUCK LADY VIKINGS!!! I wish you the best.
Good luck to Gate City as well (unless we meet them again LOL)
Dont get me wrong, PV is a good team. But, I really beleive that Battle has PV out matched. I predict Battle to win 5 to 1. The only pitcher that PV has seen that is any good is the Light girl from Coeburn. Belcher is another beast. She is the total package. If her knee isnt bothering her she will be hard to handle. When her knee bothers her, she throws in the low 60's, when she is feeling good, watch out for mid 60's!
Bookmarks